Monday, May 30, 2011

a roller coaster weekend..

This past weekend I went to the Anime Convention in Chicago. Surprisingly, not my first (it was my second). Okay, a few weekends ago...since I delayed this post for quite awhile...I'll admit I would not have gone on my own but instead willingly tagged along with three other guys (the other girl who was supposed to go bailed on me; smart move, sista!). I even cosplayed.
See!

But who was I and what anime was I from? It hardly matters since I wore what may be considered a "school-girl uniform" and was barely recognizable. But it sufficed.

Overall, the convention was so-so. There was not many interesting and fun things to do (even the rave that I crankily stood in line for two hours to get in was subpar - prolly 'cause I was sober); but at least there were a number of people who cosplayed or dressed up and seemed to have put a lot of effort, or money, into their costumes. These two were my favorite:

The first Cloud was such a sweetheart. He told me thank you after our fantastic picture. And the second Cloud is also a very nice fellow...see him doing the peace sign with me. =]

Excuse my "costume." I was going for cheap, reusable items. And excuse my short, stumpy looking legs. How to make my legs look longer? Also, I just noticed my bangs look like crap in these pictures. And they look like crap at this minute. Bleh. Sometimes I like 'em; sometimes they're just looking ridiculous. I can't love them enough to keep them for too long. Maybe I will start growing them out starting today. Maybe not...'cause they are kinda cute, eh?!

---

Okay...I'm off to Vietnam in a few hours....wish me happy travels...I'm scared shitless. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment