Saturday, July 9, 2011

seems like all we do is party in Vietnam...

...but really...this party took place three weeks ago...June 24th. Yes, I've kept pictures from you...but I was only waiting to grab the last batch from Tuyen...so really, you should thank me for making sure I'm supplying the best ones for you. Wait, actually, the pictures I was waiting for was not of this party...hmm..whatever the case, it was for something else the same weekend...and I thought I would blog about them together..but after realizing that there are A LOT of pictures for the two separate events, I decided I will have two separate posts else well. Less for you to read for each post, and more for you to expect in the very near future!

Okay. So one of our very dear colleagues at the firm was ringing in his birthday...I wonder if I should disclose his age...but since it wouldn't matter either way to you, I've decided to withhold such information. We simply were celebrating another year of Mr. Khanh's life...and fortunately, a good number of the people from the firm were able to make it. All for better picture-taking...and memories. =)

We celebrated on a Friday night, the night before his birthday. Khanh had rented out the covered rooftop of a restaurant and whole bunch of people showed up. Oh, I just remembered that there was a second birthday boy as well who was throwing his birthday bash along with Khanh's, but I had no idea who he was until I arrived and kinda figured it out on my own.

both the birthday boys with a group of the YKVN folks
nothing like a good ol' glass raising...
 "Mot, Hai, Ba - Yo!" which means "One, Two, Three - Cheers!" in Vietnamese.


I like this picture... =]

And then, after the cooking at the table, the eating and the toasting....people gathered...

 
Not to get ready to present the cakes and sing a little 'happy birthday'...
Not to hear a sweet, tear-filled speech of gratefulness and appreciation...

BUT...

...for a great (and LONG) game of beer pong...the birthday boy and Ly versus Elliot and this girl I didn't catch the name of...

Elliot and the nameless girl (the one in black to his left) won this game, but it was very, very close...in the end, only two games were played...not between the same teams. But Elliot played both times, and he lost the second one, which was a close game also.

After game one, we had cake.

We took more pictures...


super cute picture...sorry diep, you weren't ready..but still cute!


And then we made our way back to Lush..for another unforgettable night of a few drinks and a whole lot of dancing...

 

And while I was dancing with this lovely bunch of people...a few weird things were happening to me...well, more annoying than weird. I suppose you could say it's actually pretty normal...but I wouldn't have minded if they DIDN'T occur....want details? I'm too lazy to blog about pointless things like that although I suppose they would or could make for a good read....

Regardless, we had fun...lots of it!Wish you all coulda been there....



 


and Khanh getting up on the lounge seats when the club play a remix of.....the happy birthday song...

It was one hell of a night. We didn't get out of there until 2 in the morning. And let's just say, we weren't the last to leave...even if their clubs do close at 2-3ish here...

Sorry again for such a blah post...but eh, there were good pictures, weren't there...I promise there will be another post shortly..maybe in a few hours..surely not more than a day...

Ah.

And because I love you all SOOOOO much...and because I enjoy passing time reading some Calvin and Hobbes ('specially now that I'm facebookless atm)....here you go!

click pic to make it bigger

Calvin is just great...

No comments:

Post a Comment